I wanted to try my hand at making stripes. I grabbed a couple of old t shirts, cut them into strips, and sewed them together.
Then, I decided to make the babies a new shirt using my new striped fabric. I didn’t have a pattern, so I used a shirt that they already have to draft up a pattern, crossing my fingers that it would work.
It did! And, I think it is quite cute.
Mike said it looked very sprightly (“like a little forest sprite- all greeny and yellowy and stripey”). I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.
I might take off the collar and just make it green or black. I don’t know, though… I kinda like the contrast. What I don’t like, though, is button holes. I seriously can’t seem to figure them out.
They always end up all crazy; then my project ends up looking super homemade. Anyway, I think the shirt is cute and I’ll make some more some time- maybe with some variations, like no collar, or a hood.
Also, next time I will use snaps so I don’t have to try [and fail] at making button holes again.
I have a pattern now, and I’d be happy to share it if anyone is interested. I could possibly put together a tutorial, too.